Lisa Padfield | Clinical Psychologist
Stellenbosch, South Africa

What I offer

What I don't offer

I offer psychotherapy – or therapy as most people refer to it, to adult individuals on a short, medium or long-term basis. I have a particular interest in working with the life challenges typically faced by middle-aged, older and aged people.

Some of my specific areas of interest that I can support you with include (but are not limited to):

Adjustment issues (coping with life changes such as retirement, retrenchment, a break-up or divorce, a health crisis etc.)

  • Anxiety 
  • Depression
  • End-of-life issues (aging, death and dying)
  • Loss and bereavement
  • Stress
  • Relationship problems (Although I no longer offer couples therapy or marriage counselling, relationship difficulties are common and this often forms a specific focus within an individual therapy process.)

I offer supervision for psychotherapists (psychologists, counsellors and other psychotherapists).  My aim is to provide a safe and non-judgemental space in which we can collaboratively explore the therapeutic processes, specific clinical difficulties and other aspects of case or practice management which form part of your therapeutic work.  Supervisees choose the frequency of sessions (weekly, every two weeks or monthly). 

I don't offer couples therapy or marriage counselling.

I don’t work with children or adolescents.

I don't offer in-patient consultations.

I don’t do assessments such as:

  • psychometric testing (for example, for career guidance)
  • assessments to determine whether someone should be medically boarded (i.e. those who have become ill or disabled and are no longer able to work)
  • work or study-related assessments to determine if someone is unable to function fully at work or university/college (and possibly needs to be “booked off” for a period)

  • any form of forensic or medico-legal assessment (for example, in divorce or criminal proceedings) 
  • any form of report for a third party (for example, a lawyer, employer, parent or "sick note")

Should you need a psychologist for one of the above-mentioned areas of work which I am unable to provide, I suggest you try one of these excellent directories: